Expression Session © [Chapter Uno.]

Go down

Expression Session © [Chapter Uno.]

Post  beautiful.M0NEE on Fri May 23, 2008 6:28 am

Expression Session ©

“Aamir. It’s your turn sweetie.” Mrs. Treich ,my Creative Writing teacher instructed me. Even though I loved Creative Writing I just wasn’t comfortable with people watching me. I chewed my gum slowly while getting out of my back row seat. The gum I was chewing started to loose its flavor so I put it in the wastebasket. I approached the front of the class and opened my journal. Just as my mouth opened ready to recite my entry for today the class room door opened.

In walked a guy wearing a black hoodie. It was covering his face so I couldn’t tell what he looked like. As he passed me I could hear his music blasting from his head phones. I could hear the faint sounds of Gone Until November by Wyclef Jean. He walked to Mrs. Treich and handed her a slip. He must have been new because he had a manilla folder in his hands. She clapped her hands together to get the classes attention. Everybody got quiet. “Class. We have a new student, Mr. Carnell Breeding. I’m pretty sure everybody would welcome him.” Carnell fidgeted with his back pack strap as he looked around the classroom.

He scanned the students sitting down in the classroom. He then looked at the front of the class room at me and stopped fidgeting with the strap. “So Carnell where are you from?” Mrs.Treich asked writing his information down. “I’m actually from Brooklyn.” “Well isn’t that nice. You may have a seat in the back row, third seat.” Mrs. Treich turned her attention to me. “You may start Aamir.”I started to uncomfortable again. I looked at the entire class and I could feel a knot building up in my throat. All the faces looking back at me as if ready for me to mess up so they could laugh. I closed my eyes and turned around in place one time. I opened my eyes and the looks on there faces were brighter more aware of my common procedure of turning in place when nervous. I opened my journal once more and opened my mouth to recite the entry.

“I was torn from my somewhere and brought to this nowhere place
I felt alone in this land that was nowhere from my every where
I didn’t understand the tongue I didn’t understand the tongue
I didn’t understand the tongue and why it was the trees here bore
Why the trees bore strange fruit that watched me with dead eyes
Cruel hands cruel hands cruel hands
Tied me down strung me up dug into me
Time flowed on like the river like the river
Time flowed on but I held tight to the memories of my someplace
Refusing to believe that my everywhere
had always been here in this nowhere place.”

The classroom broke into applause once I finished my last line. I gave a nod, before walking to my seat. I looked to my right to see the newe student, Carnell Breeding, looking at me. I smirked and looked out the window at the clouds. To the class this was just another journal entry to get a good grade, but for me this was an escape. An escape from reality. An escape that allows me to express who the real me is during this expression session.

Last edited by beautiful.M0NEE on Tue May 27, 2008 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total
beautiful.M0NEE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Expression Session © [Chapter Uno.]

Post  jay;love_ on Fri May 23, 2008 7:09 am

i have a cousin named aamir. =]
the poem was beautiful.
cant wait for more!
BUMPS.
jay;love_

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/jay_x_love

Back to top Go down

Post  Undacovab5lover on Fri May 23, 2008 8:55 pm

lovedddddddddddddddddddddd it!!!!!!!!!!!
bumpies!!!

Undacovab5lover

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TREViiSA on Sat May 24, 2008 5:31 am

So why is no one giving this story its props because they are definitely needed.THis is the most well written story on this board.
TREViiSA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TEDDY™ on Mon May 26, 2008 9:03 am

bump!
TEDDY™

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  beautiful.M0NEE on Tue May 27, 2008 6:44 am

Aww thank you TREViiSA
that was super sweet of you
thanx to everybody who bumped
here`s the first chapter.

I stepped into the air conditioned hallway of Epson High, dodging people that were rushing to get to their next class or associating with their friends. I clutched my journal in my hands and made my way towards my locker. I looked at my watch realizing that I only had about five minutes to grab my belongings and head to Biology, which was on the third floor of the school. I hurried to my locker, grabbed my purse and Biology workbook, and placed my journal under my other text books. I kissed the picture of two little girls wearing pigtails, on the front opening of my locker and slammed the door shut. When I closed my locker, the first warning bell rang. I turned around and headed to room 105B, Mr. Pierce.

I sat in the back of the class, barely listening to his lecturing. Most of the class tried hard to get all the lecture notes down for a quiz Friday. The rest of the class stared off into space or did homework for other classes. I was one of the students staring off into space, mainly because I had taken Biology the year before and I knew everything that was going on. I tried to change my class, but my counselor informed me that I must pass the class first. So the majority of my time in this class was staring off or texting on my Sidekick LX. Today I must have been really bored because I pulled out my Biology notebook and turned to page eighty three. I started on the questions, humming softly to myself.

My humming subsided as the class room door opened and Kylie entered holding her jacket in her hand. She looked a mess, her mascara sliding down her face and her once perfect bun was all over her head. She went to Mr. Pierce and handed him a late pass. Kylie walked to the back of the room and sat in the seat next to me. She looked at me looking as if she wanted to cry. I mouthed ‘Kylie what’s wrong?’ and she put her head on the desk. I shrugged it off and continued working on my workbook problems.

Finally, the bell rang. As I walked out of Mr. Pierce’s class I heard somebody call my name. I turned around, Kylie stood in the middle of the hallway calling my name. I slowed my pace waiting for her to catch up. She caught up to me and we were off. “What happened to you?” I asked while I changed my purse from my left arm. Kylie’s face got red thinking about it. “Terry broke up with me and--” “Again?” I asked. “Yes. For the fifth time this month .” Kylie stated sounding miserable. I rolled my eyes slightly because I informed her on Terry from the beginning. He’s the type of guy that’s insecure. He always thinks Kylie cheats on him and he thinks she’s going to leave him. I don’t think he has ever put his hands on her but I wouldn’t put it past him. Guys like this can get very crazy. Trust me I know from experience.

“What happened this time?” I asked.

“He called me another girl’s name.” she started. “We’re in my living room and we start kissing. I start in on his neck while he’s unbuckling his jeans. Next thing I know he calls me ‘April.’” I stopped in my tracks trying to cope with what she said. “You’re kidding right?” Kylie answered, “I wish I were. He was just another guy trying to score. I quickly kicked him out of my house.”

“What’s the deal with you attracting scum bags?” Kylie stopped walking and opened her locker, “I have no idea. Sex must be all they think about.” She grabbed her notebook with an ink pen. She ran her manicured nails over her hair then sighed. I placed my head on her shoulder, “Hey. It’s going to be okay.” She smiled closing her locker. “Hope you’re right my friend
beautiful.M0NEE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TEDDY™ on Tue May 27, 2008 8:30 am

bumps, love it!
TEDDY™

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jay;love_ on Tue May 27, 2008 7:57 pm

i know how she feels.